POINT BY POINT SUMMARY
by Rabbi Ephraim Becker
Kollel Iyun Hadaf, Yerushalayim
Rosh Kollel: Rabbi Mordecai Kornfeld
Ask A Question on the daf
Previous dafYoma 20
1) MISHNAH: THE TERUMAS HADESHEN
(a) Normally the Terumas HaDeshen was done near Kriyas HaGever.
2) THE SOURCES FOR THE TIMES OF TERUMAS HADESHEN
(b) Yom Kipur it was done at Chatzos.
(c) On Regalim it was done from the first Ashmorah, and the
Azarah was completely full by Kriyas HaGever.
(a) The Mishnah (in Zevachim) teaches that Chatzos is the cutoff
to determine if Eivarim are considered consumed by the
Mizbeach (and no longer subject to Me'ilah).
(b) The source is a contradiction resolved by Rav to teach that
the first half is for Haktarah; the second for Haramah.
(c) Question: If, indeed, Chatzos is the cutoff d'Oreisa, then
how could our Mishnah allow deviations from Chatzos?
(d) Answer: R. Yochanan reinterprets the Pesukim and there are
different times for different days.
3) KRIYAS HAGEVER
(a) Question: What is Kriyas HaGever?
(b) Answer: It is a Machlokes between Rav (it means the caller)
and R. Shila (it means the rooster).
(c) The incident involves Rav serving as Meturgeman before R.
(d) There is a Beraisa to support each definition:
(e) In support of Rav, the Beraisa teaches that the *caller*
summons the Kohanim, Leviim, Yisraelim...
1. Agripas rewarded him for his voice, heard at 3 Parsah.
(f) In support of R. Shila, the Beraisa speaks of the dangers of
embarking before the cry of the *rooster*.
2. The Kohen Gadol could be heard in Yericho, in spite of
his weakness and it being daytime.
3. The noise of the sun blocks sounds during the day.
4. La is the name... as indicated by Nevuchadnezar.
5. Without the noise of the sun, Rome could be heard;
without the noise of Rome, the sun could be heard.
6. Three voices travel throughout the world, the above and
the Neshamah as it leaves the body (some add the sound
at birth, others as Ridyah).
7. The Rabanan eliminated the cry of the Neshamah.