|(Permission is granted to print and redistribute this material
as long as this header and the footer at the end are included.)
1) [line 2] KOL SHE'HU MI'LO SISA UL'MATAH - any Mitzvah that is less stringent than "Lo Sisa"
2) [line 5] B'CHOREV - when Moshe was begging for forgiveness for the sin of the golden calf while he was standing on Mount Sinai
3) [line 5] "V'NAKEH [LO YENAKEH]" - "He clears the sins of those who repent [and does not clear the sins of those who do not repent]" (Shemos 34:7)
4) [line 22] "SHUVU, BANIM SHOVAVIM, [ERPAH MESHUVOSEICHEM...]" - "Return, O wayward sons, [and I will heal your waywardness..]" (Yirmeyahu 3:22)
5) [line 27] MEMARKIN - complete atonement
7) [line 32] B'ASRA D'LO TAV'EI - in a place where the butchers do not [go to the customers' homes and] ask [for their money]
8) [line 35] V'AVID CHUSHBENA - and they made an accounting
11) [line 37] SHARA LEI MAREI L'PELANYA - so-and-so's Master should forgive
15) [line 5] "...V'AT ZANIS RE'IM RABIM, V'SHOV ELAI, NE'UM HASH-M." - "...Yet you have committed adultery with many lovers, but you may return to Me, says HaSh-m."(Yirmeyahu 3:1)
16) [line 15] "UV'SHUV RASHA ME'RISH'ASO V'ASAH MISHPAT U'TZEDAKAH, ALEIHEM HU YICHYEH." - "And when a wicked man turns away from his wickedness and acts with justice and righteousness, he shall live because of them (in order to continue doing justice and righteousness, as he has started -- Metzudas David)." (Yechezkel 33:19)
17) [line 22] MAKNIT ES CHAVEIRO - angers someone
20) [line 27] "OHAVEM NEDAVAH" - "I will love them gratuitously" (Hoshea 14:5) - A voluntary sacrifice is more readily accepted than an obligatory one.
21) [line 29] RAV RAMI - Rav asks that there seems to be a contradiction between two verses
22) [line 30] "ASHREI NESUY PESHA, KESUY CHATA'AH" - "Fortunate is he whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered." (Tehilim 32:1)
23) [line 34] "HEN KOL ELEH YIF'AL KEL; PA'AMAYIM SHALOSH IM GAVER." - "Behold, HaSh-m does all these things; even two or three times with one man." (Iyov 33:29) - The Gemara interprets this verse to mean that HaSh-m *forgives* an individual two or three times. The simple meaning of the verse is that when a person sins, HaSh-m arrouses his heart in a dream. If he does not repent, He *afflicts* him with suffering, even two or three times.
24) [line 38] "K'CHELEV SHAV AL KEI'O, [KESIL SHONEH V'IVALTO]." - "Like a dog who returns to [eat] his vomit, [a fool repeats his foolishness]." (Mishlei 26:11)
25) [line 40] NA'ASEIS LO K'HETER - to him it becomes as if it is
31) [line 50] TESHUVAS HA'MUCHLATIN - the repentance of notorious sinners
33) [line 52] L'MEIDAN DINA - to judge a court case
36) [line 52] U'TZEVU BEISEI LEIS HU AVID - and the needs (lit. desire) of his household he is not doing (he will not profit from judging the case)