|(Permission is granted to print and redistribute this material
as long as this header and the footer at the end are included.)
1) [line 5] ACHSADRAH - a covered area that is open on one side
*3*) [line 16] POSEL B'ARBA'AH - The Rishonim explain that invalid Sechach disqualifies the Sukah only when it divides the Sukah in two, causing it to lack a minimal Shi'ur. For instance, in a three walled Sukah, if the Sechach Pasul runs across the Sukah starting from the middle wall, dividing the Sukah into two two-walled sections, or if a strip of invalid Sechach cuts the Sukah into halves that are each less than 7 by 7 Tefachim.
4) [line 22] BAR MINAH D'HA'HI - except for that case; i.e. that case is
6) [line 4] HAFLAGAH - separation (Sechach Pasul which is four Tefachim wide causes a separation between the parts of Sukah on either side)
7a) [line 5] BEGED - a cloth garment
10) [line 31] HA'BEGED 3 AL 3 (MIDRAS HA'ZAV)
*9*) [line 6] MIPNEI SHE'HEN RE'UYIN LI'TAMEI B'MOSHAV - (a) The various types of material may be combined to make a Shiur Tum'ah because in one instance the Shiurim of the all materials mentioned in the Mishnah are similar. We have a rule that when objects can make someone Tamei with similar Shiurim, they may be combined to create a Shiur Tum'ah, and we know that when any of these materials were specifically prepared as a donkey- saddle, they are *all* Metamei with a Shi'ur of 1 x 1 Tefach (see Gemara further) (RASHI's first explanation). (b) Alternatively, the materials may be combined to create a Shiur Tum'ah since they are often sewn together into one piece when a person makes a donkey-saddle (RASHI's second explanation).
11) [line 17] HA'MEKATZE'A MI'KULAN - (a) If a person specifically *smoothed and polished* *any* of the above-mentioned materials to be used as a garment (RASHI; see above, 3:a); (b) If a person *intentionally cut* a 1 x 1 Tefach slice of *any* of the above-mentioned materials to be used as a garment (RAMBAM Hil. Keilim 23:3); (c) Alternatively, if small *garment fragments* of *all* of the above-mentioned materials were combined into one garment (RASHI quoting other commentators, see above 3:b).
12) [line 20] (LITLO) [LI'TELAI] - to make a patch on a donkey's saddle