|(Permission is granted to redistribute this material as long as the Kollel
header and the subscription info at the end are included.)
brought to you by Kollel Iyun Hadaf of Har Nof
Rosh Kollel: Rabbi Mordecai Kornfeld
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Sotah Chart #1
|"l'Gufei" -she drinks *before* her Minchah is offered||If she drinks before the Minchah is offered, it is valid||We force her to drink (4) once the Megilah is erased|
|2)||"V'ACHAR YASHKEH" (Bamidbar 5:26)||No impression may remain after the writing is erased(3)
|1. "l'Gufei"- she drinks only *after* her Minchah is offered;
2. That no impression may remain
|No impression may remain after the writing is erased
|We force her to drink once the Megilah is erased||We force her to drink(5) once the Megilah is erased||"l'Gufei" - she drinks only *after* her Minchah is offered|
(1) According to Tosfos (DH b'Ferush Rach), this is also the view of Rebbi Akiva in our Sugya.
(2) This is also the view of Rebbi Akiva, according to the tradition received by the second Tana who cites Rebbi Akiva (at the end of the Daf).
(3) According to Tosfos (19a, DH v'Achar), the Rabanan learn from this verse that b'Di'eved if she drank *after* the Minchah was offered, it is valid. See Insights.
(4) This applies even if the Megilas Sotah was erased before the Minchah was offered, when it was not yet supposed to be erased. Even though it was erased prematurely, we still force her to drink.
(5) According to Rebbi Shimon, we do not force her to drink unless the Megilah was erased properly, i.e. *after* the Minchah was offered.
|List of Charts
to the Daf
to the Daf
|Review the Daf
Questions and Answers
|Point by Point