|(Permission is granted to print and redistribute this material
as long as this header and the footer at the end are included.)
1) [line 3] K'MAN DI'SETIMI DAMU - as if they are sealed up
2) [line 4] D'MEVATLEI LEI RESHUSA See Background to Shabbos 130:22c
3) [line 12] MACHSHIREI MITZVAH - actions performed in preparation for a Mitzvah
4) [line 15] SHTEI HA'LECHEM
5) [line 16] OMER
(b) In addition, a lamb is offered as an Olah, as it states in Vayikra 23:12.
(c) The Korban ha'Omer is the first offering of the new grain of the year, and as such it removes the prohibition against eating or bringing a Minchas Nedavah from the new grain.
6) [line 19] MUFNEI - they (the words) must be free (i.e. are not necessary for the understanding of the simple meaning of the verse or for any other Derashah, so that they may be used to infer a Gezerah Shavah)
7) [line 22] LAI AFNUYEI MUFNEI - indeed, they are certainly free (for inferring a Gezerah Shavah)
8) [line 26] MUFNEH MI'TZAD ECHAD LEMEIDUN U'MESHIVIN
(b) If only one of the words is used for another Derashah, there is a Machlokes whether they may be used unconditionally for the inference of a Gezerah Shavah, or if they can only be used for a Gezerah Shavah if we have no logical argument not to learn the Gezerah Shavah (Lemedin u'Meshivin).
(c) If both words are used for another Derashah, there is a Machlokes whether they can only be used for a Gezerah Shavah if we have no logical argument not to learn the Gezerah Shavah, or if they cannot be used at all for a Gezerah Shavah
9) [line 45] REDIYAS HA'PAS - peeling a pita off the wall of an oven