|(Permission is granted to print and redistribute this material
as long as this header and the footer at the end are included.)
1) [line 1] BO'EL NIDAH
2) [line 5] MIDI IRYA?! HA KED'ISA V'HA KED'ISA - is this a proof?! This [case] is unique unto itself, and the other is unique unto itself. That is, a Bo'el Nidah is only sent out of the Machaneh Shechinah, while a Ba'al Keri is sent out of the Machaneh Levi'ah, also.
3a) [line 17] AKATI LO AYALTEI, APIKTEI? - the Torah has not yet mentioned
the *entrance* into Machaneh Levi'ah of the people who are Tamei, and it
already speaks about them as if they already *left* (commanding them not to
4) [line 26] SHE'MENAKVAN B'SAKIN - he pierces them with a knife (so that the soft, diluted excrement will come out) [(O.F. destenprer) to dissolve, dilute]
5a) [line 27] SHIRKA D'MEIAYA - (a) [the removal of] the thin film that is
attached to the entrails (RASHI); (b) [the removal of] the excrement that is
affixed to the inside of the entrails (which can only be separated using the
pressure of a knife) (RABEINU CHANANEL)
6) [line 29] "[V'RA'U CHEVASIM K'DAVRAM,] V'CHARVOS MECHIM GARIM YOCHELU." - "[Then shall the lambs feed as in their pasture,] and fat ones and strangers shall feed in the ruins." (Yeshayahu 5:17) - The Gemara interprets this verse to mean, "In the future, all of the Tzadikim will bring the dead to life just like Eliyahu and Elisha, and they will reclaim the inheritance that was rightfully theirs, which the wicked seized and have been using."
7) [line 31] TZADIKAYA YACHSENUN - the righteous will inherit
9) [line 44] "OD YESHVU ZEKENIM U'ZKENOS BI'RCHOVOS YERUSHALAYIM, V'ISH MISH'ANTO B'YADO ME'ROV YAMIM." - "Old men and old women will yet again sit in the streets of Yerushalayim, and every man will have his staff in his hand because of his old age." (Zecharyah 8:4) - The Mish'enes was the tool that Elisha used to bring the son of the Shunamis back to life (Melachim II 4:29).
10) [line 45] "BILA HA'MAVES LA'NETZACH, [U'MACHAH HASH-M ELOKIM DIM'AH ME'AL KOL PANIM, V'CHERPAS AMO YASIR ME'AL KOL HA'ARETZ, KI HASH-M DIBER]" - "He shall destroy death for ever [and HaSh-m Elokim will wipe away tears from all faces, and the insult of His people He shall take away from all of the earth, for HaSh-m has spoken.]" (Yeshayahu 25:8)
11) [line 47] IKAREICHEM - your farmers
13) [line 51] ACHUYEI MECHAYEI - He brings the dead back to life
14) [line 29] AB"M SIMAN - (a) the mnemonic device that stands for *A*tzeres, Sha*b*os, Puri*m*, using the first letter of the first word, the middle letter of the second word and the last letter of the last word (Melo ha'Ro'im, second explanation); (b) according to the Girsa AB"S Siman (with a Samech), the mnemonic device that stands for the names of the Amora'im in the following Sugya, Rebbi El*a*zar, Ra*b*ah and Rav Yo*s*ef (Melo ha'Ro'im, first explanation)
15) [line 36] L'VAR ME'ATZARTA - except for Shavuos
18) [line 45] EGLA TILTA - (a) a calf which is a cow's third offspring which is well developed and fat (RASHI here, Sanhedrin 65b, Shabbos 11a); (b) a third-grown calf (that has reached one-third of its full growth and is particularly tasty) (RASHI Eruvin 63a); (c) a calf that has reached one- third of its expected *lifespan*, at which time it has reached its *full* growth (RASHI Sanhedrin 65b); (d) a calf that is healthy and good to eat (TOSFOS Gitin 56a). (See Insights to Shabbos 136)
19) [line 47] V'TALI V'KAI B'IBRA D'DASHA - and he would lean himself on the bolt of the door
20) [line 48] CHADA'I NAFSHA'I -be glad, my soul!