|(Permission is granted to print and redistribute this material
as long as this header and the footer at the end are included.)
1) [line 4] A'HAI - about which case of the Mishnah is Rav Papa asking?
2) [line 24] MECHASHVIN ME'AVODAH L'AVODAH
4) [line 33] OCHLAV - people who are capable of eating a k'Zayis of the Korban Pesach
5) [line 34] MENUYAV (People who are designated to eat from a Korban Pesach) A lamb or goat that is slaughtered as a Korban Pesach may only be eaten by individuals who are designated beforehand to eat from it. This is learned from the verse in Shemos 12:4, "v'Im Yim'at ha'Bayis mi'Heyos mi'Seh v'Lakach Hu u'Shecheno ha'Karov El Beiso b'Michsas Nefashos; Ish Lefi Ochlo Tachosu Al ha'Seh." - "If the household is too small for a lamb, then he and a close neighbor can obtain a lamb together, as long as it is for specifically designated individuals. Individuals shall be designated for a lamb according to how much each one will eat."
6) [line 34] ARELIM - men who are uncircumcised
8) [line 10] V'SHE'LO LI'SHEMO MACHSHIRO SHE'LO BI'ZEMANO - slaughtering a Korban Pesach she'Lo li'Shemo (as a Shelamim) when it is not the time to bring a Korban Pesach results in a Korban that is Kosher as a Shelamim
9) [line 24] HEICHA D'AMAR - in a case where he stated outright that he is slaughtering it as a Korban Pesach (when it is not the time to bring a Korban Pesach)
10) [line 32] MIMSHECHEI HANEI - these people will withdraw their share from the Korban Pesach
12) [line 35] SHINUY KODESH - slaughtering the Korban she'Lo li'Shemo (see Background to 59:17)