REVIEW QUESTIONS ON GEMARA AND RASHI
prepared by Rabbi Eliezer Chrysler
Kollel Iyun Hadaf, Jerusalem
Previous daf Nazir 16
(a) What is the problem with Rebbi Yossi, who says with regard to a Zavah
who has seen once or twice, 'Miktzas ha'Yom ke'Kulo'?
(b) We answer that she will become a Zavah if she sees for three consecutive
days without a break.
How else is it possible?
(c) Why can we not answer that she becomes a Zavah when she sees on the
first, third and fifth days of the eleven days of Zivus?
(a) Why do we not answer that she becomes a Zavah if she sees for three
consecutive nights including dawnbreak?
***** Hadran Alach Hareini Nazir *****
(b) Why does Rebbi Yossi not apply by a Zavah Gedolah (one who has had her
third sighting) 'Miktzas ha'Yom ke'Kulo' (to reckon the third day as part of
her seven clean days - like he says by a Zavah Ketanah [after her second
(c) Then why does he apply it at the end on the seventh day?
***** Perek Mi she'Amar *****
(a) On which day does the Tana of our Mishnah obligate a S'tam Nazir to
(b) If he shaved on the thirtieth he is Yotze.
When is a Nazir for thirty
days not Yotze if he shaves on the thirtieth day?
(c) When does someone who undertook two terms of Nezirus shave (for each
(d) Why is he Yotze Bedieved, even if he shaved for the second term on the
- ... Lechatchilah?
- ... for the second term, if he shaved for the first one on the thirtieth day?
(a) In the previous case, what does 'she'Yom shel Sheloshim Oleh Lo min
ha'Minyan' mean according to bar Pada, who only requires twenty-nine days
(b) According to the Tana Kama, if a S'tam Nazir becomes Tamei on the
thirtieth day, he demolishes all thirty days.
What does Rebbi Eliezer say
(c) According to bar Pada, who does not hold of 'Miktzas ha'Yom ke'Kulo',
why does Rebbi Eliezer not demolish all hundred days?
- ... in this case?
- ... in a case where the Noder specifically undertook a thirty day Nezirus?
- ... where he became Tamei on the hundreth day of a hundred-day Nezirus?
(a) What do the Rabbanan say in the latter case?
(b) Why do they not apply the principle 'Miktzas ha'Yom ke'Kulo'?
(c) If he became Tamei on the hundred and first day, he demolishes thirty
days, according to the Tana Kama.
Why is that?
(d) How many days will he demolish ...
- ... according to Rebbi Eliezer?
- ... according to the Tana Kama, should he become Tamei on the hundred and second day before he has brought his Korbanos?
(a) Why, according to Rebbi Eliezer, does a S'tam Nazir who became Tamei on
the thirtieth day demolish only seven days?
Answers to questions
(b) What makes this after Me'los, according to ...
(c) Then why, if he becomes Tamei on the thirtieth day of a thirty-day
Nezirus or on the hundredth day of a hundred-day Nezirus, does he demolish
- ... bar Pada?
- ... Rav Masna?
(a) What does the Tana of our Mishnah say about someone who declared Nezirus
whilst standing in a cemetery?
Answers to questions
(b) According to Rebbi Yochanan, the Nezirus that someone undertakes in a
cemetery is effective.
Will he receive Malkos whilst he is still there ...
(c) What does Resh Lakish say?
- ... for drinking wine and shaving?
- ... for not leaving the cemetery after he has been warned to do so?
(d) How will Resh Lakish explain the statement ...
- ... in our Mishnah 'Eino Meivi Korban Tum'ah' (implying that he is at least a Nazir)?
- ... in a Beraisa, 'Mi she'Hayah Tamei, ve'Nazar ... ve'Im Gilach, ve'Shasah Yayin ve'Nitma le'Meisim, Sofeg es ha'Arba'im'?