|(Permission is granted to redistribute this material as long as the Kollel
header and the subscription info at the end are included.)
CHARTS FOR LEARNING THE DAILY DAF
brought to you by Kollel Iyun Hadaf of Har Nof
Rosh Kollel: Rabbi Mordecai Kornfeld
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Menachos Chart #2
Menachos Daf 48b
A KORBAN SHELAMIM OR OLAH
SLAUGHTERED "SHE'LO K'MITZVASAN"
HE BROUGHT A ONE-YEAR-OLD
INSTEAD OF A TWO-YEAR-OLD ANIMAL OR V.V.
HE SLAUGHTERED IT SHE'LO LISHMAH
OLAH OF NAZIR,
METZORA AND YOLEDES,
| Tana: Pasul(2)
| Tana: Pasul(4)
||CHATAS OF NAZIR,
METZORA AND YOLEDES,
AND OF SHTEI HA'LECHEM
||ASHAM NAZIR TAMEI,
(1) The Korban is valid, but it does not fulfill the owner's pledge, and he
must bring another Korban.
(2) The Torah compares (with a Hekesh) all of these Korbanos to the Korban
Chatas that is brought with them, which is Pasul when slaughtered she'Lo
Lishmah or when a two-year-old is slaughtered instead of a one-year-old.
(3) Levi compares these obligatory Korbanos to their respective Korban
Nedavah, which is valid when slaughtered she'Lo Lishmah or when a
two-year-old is slaughtered instead of a one-year-old.
(4) See above, footnote #2. (This is according to Rashi's first explanation.
According to Rashi's second explanation, which is also the explanation of
Tosfos, they are all valid when slaughtered she'Lo Lishmah, because the
verse states "Osah" ("it") with regard to a Chatas, to teach that any
Korban -- other than the Chatas -- which was slaughtered she'Lo Lishmah is
(5) The same applies to all other types of Chata'os.
(6) This law of an Asham is learned from the law of a Chatas. (We do not
learn from the other Ashamos for which a one-year-old (or two-year-old, as
the case may be), animal *is* brought, because, as the Gemara says, in that
case the Asham is "b'Hechshero" -- it is being brought according to the way
to Torah says to bring it l'Chatchilah.)
(7) This is learned from the word "Osah" (see above, footnote #4). These are
not treated like the Shtei ha'Lechem (and the other Korbanos discussed in
row #2), which the Tana compares to a Chatas, because there the verse
explicitly compares them to a Chatas (with a Hekesh). Alternatively, the
Shtei ha'Lechem is a Korban Tzibur, while these are privately-offered
Korbanos (Tosfos DH Kivsei and DH Asham).
For questions or sponsorship information, write to email@example.com