|(Permission is granted to redistribute this material as long as the Kollel
header and the subscription info at the end are included.)
CHARTS FOR LEARNING THE DAILY DAF
brought to you by Kollel Iyun Hadaf of Har Nof
Rosh Kollel: Rabbi Mordecai Kornfeld
Email - email@example.com
Kidushin Chart #8b
Kidushin Daf 34a-35a
MITZVOS ASEH *SHE'EIN* HA'ZEMAN GERAMA IN WHICH WOMEN ARE OBLIGATED, AND THOSE FROM WHICH WOMEN ARE EXEMPT
ARE THEY OBLIGATED?
WHAT IS THE SOURCE?
IS THIS SOURCE VERSE EXTRA?(1)
||MORA AV V'EM
(according to Rebbi Yochanan Ben Beroka)
|| va'Yevarech Osam
||Lema'an Yirbu Yemeichem
(according to the Rabanan)
|| Tifdeh - Tipadeh
(1) That is, is the verse considered one of two verses that teach the same
thing (Shnei Kesuvim ha'Ba'im k'Echad) if we have already learned from a
different source that a woman is obligated (or exempt) from this type of
(2) If not for the verse, we might have thought that a woman is exempt since
a woman does not have the wherewithal to fulfill this Mitzvah (since she is
Meshu'abad to her husband).
(3) If not for the verse, we might have thought that a woman is exempt
because the verse says "v'Chivshuhah," and it is only the nature of a man to
conquer the land (like the Rabanan hold, who argue with Rebbi Yochanan ben
(4) If not for the verse, we might have thought that a woman is exempt,
because a Hekesh compares this Mitzvah with the Mitzvah of Talmud Torah (so
writes Tosfos on 34b, DH Nashim).
(5) If not for the verse, we would not have known that one who fulfills this
verse is blessed with long life (Shitah Lo Noda l'Mi).
(6) So points out Tosfos (34b, DH Nashim).
(7) So points out the Shitah Lo Noda l'Mi (34b).
(8) Rashi (34a, DH Mah Talmud Torah), however, says that the source is from
the verse "le'Vanecha" (Devarim 6:7) (see RASHASH).
For questions or sponsorship information, write to firstname.lastname@example.org