|(Permission is granted to print and redistribute this material
as long as this header and the footer at the end are included.)
 Gemara 99a [line 36]:
 Rashi 99a [DH Ela (l'Masni'ai) Masni'ai -- see Girsa above]:
1) [line 24] B'YADAYIM MESO'AVOS - with hands that are Tamei
3) [line 29] KICHO - his phlegm (that is brought up by coughing [O.F. tos
5) [line 36] V'HA MEINAS ANIS - but he is forced to do so!?
7) [line 41] B'CHAFEITZIN SHE'TZERICHIN LO - the Mishnah is dealing with objects that he needs
8) [line 2] SHOSIN AL HA'GAS (MA'ASER: ACHILAS ARA'I LIFNEI MIRU'ACH) One is permitted to drink grape juice straight from the wine-press, before it flows into the collection pit into which the juice flows just after being pressed. This is considered Shtiyas Ara'i, and is exempt from the requirement of Hafrashas Ma'aser (tithing).
9) [line 6] HA'MOSAR - the leftover [grape juice]
11) [line 7] MAZCHEILAH - a gutter that is attached to the wall of a house and is within three Tefachim of the roof (and does not jut out three Tefachim from the edge of the building)
*12*) [line 7] L'MATAH ME'ASARAH TEFACHIM - In summary, Rashi explains the Gemara as follows: The normal Mazcheilah is within three Tefachim of a Reshus ha'Yachid (the roof) and it is therefore considered to be a Reshus ha'Yachid itself. The normal Tzinor is further than three Tefachim from Reshus ha'Yachid and is not part of Reshus ha'Yachid; furthermore, it is less than 4 x 4 Tefachim wide and therefore it is not even a Karmelis. Therefore, one may be Metzaref (i.e., fill a vessel directly from the water flowing from the Tzinor while one stands in Reshus ha'Rabim) only in the case of a Tzinor that is below 10 Tefachim from the ground which is less than 4 x 4 wide, since it is a Mekom Petur. If it is higher than 10 Tefachim, one may not fill from it directly; if we were to permit that, one may fill directly from a Tzinor even when it is broader than 4 x 4 and higher than 10, which is a Reshus ha'Yachid. Similarly, one may never fill directly from a Mazcheilah, since it is a Reshus ha'Yachid.
13) [line 7] U'MIN HA'TZINOR MI'KOL MAKOM SHOSEH - and when collecting water from a pipe (that does jut out three Tefachim from the edge of the building), he may either collect the water in the air or directly from the pipe and drink it
14) [line 19] CHULYASO - its embankment that is comprised of dirt from the
17) [line 38] HA'MESICH AL HA'ARETZ - that hangs over the ground