|(Permission is granted to print and redistribute this material
as long as this header and the footer at the end are included.)
1) [line 1] HAVAH AMINAH DIRAS OVED KOCHAVIM SHEMAH DIRAH
*2*) [line 16] SHACHACH ECHAD MIN HA'CHITZONAH V'LO IREV - this part of the Mishnah is discussing when each Chatzer made an *individual* Eruv. If one of the outer people did not join in the outer Eruv, but the inner people all joined in their Eruv, in the inner Chatzer it is permitted to carry
3) [line 20] REGEL HA'MUTERES BI'MEKOMAH OSERES SHE'LO BI'MEKOMAH
*4*) [line 22] KACH REGEL HA'ASURAH EINAH OSERES - that is, it is not necessary to join people into one's Eruv just because they are accustomed to walking through the Chatzer (i.e., they have "Derisas ha'Regel" in the Chatzer
*5*) [line 24] V'LO ZU AF ZU KETANI - see Insights
7) [line 43] SIMAN CHITZONAH ATZMAH B'VEIS YECHIDA'AH RAVINA D'LO MASHKACH BI'FNIM - This memory device refers to the *previous* Sugyos, where questions were asked regarding the opinions of the Tanan'im of our Mishnah. They are: (1) Irvah *Chitzonah* ... (line 22); (2) Irvah Zu l'*Atzmah* ... (line 25); (3) the Amora who posed the next question is Rav *Bivi*; (4) his question is from the end of the Mishnah, v'Im Hayu Shel *Yechidim* (line 33); (5) the Amora who posed the next question is *Ravina*; (6) his question is from the phrase, Shachach Echad ..., from which he infers *Ha Lo Shachach* ..., referring to the Chatzer ha'*Penimis* (line 37).
8) [last line] MAKOM HA'MEYUCHAD LI'SHTEIHEN - the place that is designated for the tenants of both of the Chatzeiros to use, namely, the outer courtyard
9) [line 9] D'ACHADA DASHA U'MISHTAMSHA - the people of the inner courtyard close the gate between them and the outer courtyard (which removes them from the outer courtyard) and they use the inner courtyard
10) [line 11] ERUV MARGILAH - when the Eruv is placed in the inner courtyard, it moves the residents of the outer courtyard into the inner courtyard as well (this is called "Hergel Eruv")
11) [line 12] L'TAKUNEI SHITAFTICH V'LO L'AVUSEI - I joined with you through an Eruv for my benefit and not to cause me a loss
12) [line 14] D'AMRAH LAH MEVATILNA LACH RESHUSI - [it is only forbidden for the residents of the inner courtyard to carry there until] the people of the outer courtyard say, "We nullify our share of the inner courtyard to you."
13) [line 26] LO TATZISU LEI - do not listen to him
15) [line 36] AGIREI OGAR - he rented his domain to the residents of the outer courtyard
16) [line 36] IY ISA D'OGAR, MIF'A PA'EI - if he had indeed rented it out, he would have talked about it (and everyone would know about it)