|(Permission is granted to print and redistribute this material
as long as this header and the footer at the end are included.)
1) [line 1] B'TZINESA - by the palm tree
3) [line 10] D'LO NITRACH V'NEIFUK - so that he should not have to exert himself and walk to the place where he wants his Shevisah
*4*) [line 11] V'HECHEZIRO CHAVEIRO - that is, *even* if he was convinced by his friend to return to the city -- see Insights.
5) [line 20] KEIVAN SHE'HECHEZIK BADERECH, KANAH - once he began the journey, [he is considered an Ani and] the Eruv he declared takes effect.
6) [line 22] LIN PO - spend the night here (in your house)
10) [line 17] LA'MAKOM SHE'RUBO HU NIZKAR - he is considered to occupy (lit. "he is thrown to") the place where most of his body is situated
11) [line 27] L'MODED - for a person (who was outside of the Techum of a city when Shabbos began) who is measuring the 2000 Amos of his own Techum. Even if his 2000 Amos end just one Amah outside of the Techum of the city, he may not enter.
12) [line 30] SHE'EIN HA'MASHOCHOS MEMATZIN ES HA'MIDOS - the people who measure the Techum do not place the boundary markers at the exact end of the Techum. Rather, they mark the Techum at slightly less than the allotted amount.
13) [line 31] MIPNEI TO'EI HA'MIDAH - (a) because of people who err when walking to the end of the Techum (and do not notice the marker); (b) to compensate for the error made by the people who measure the Techum. They may not have used the entire 50 Amos of rope when they did the measurement (since the ends of the rope are held in their hands).
14) [line 33] BAYIS NICHNAS, BAYIS YOTZEI - [if the city wall is made of adjoining houses and] one house is set back from the others, forming an indentation, and another house juts out further than the others
15) [line 33] PAGUM NICHNAS, PAGUM YOTZEI - one turret of the wall recedes and one turret juts out
16) [last line] GEDUDIYOS - remains of walls from the ruins of buildings