|(Permission is granted to print and redistribute this material
as long as this header and the footer at the end are included.)
1) [line 1] MECHUSAR TZEIDAH - a term that describes an enclosure in which the animals inside it must still be trapped
2) [line 7] MIGDAL - (O.F. mestier) a cupboard
5) [line 15] TZIPOR DEROR - a type of wild bird that is evasive and not
8) [line 23] D'IKA UKTZEI UKTZEI - it has corners, niches
10) [line 29] GEMARA GEMOR, ZEMORTA TEHEI? - do you, Rav Yosef, tell us to only say over what we learn (whether it is correct or not); is it merely a song?!
11) [line 31] HAVEI METZUDAH U'NETZUDENU - bring a trap and we will trap it.
(According to RASHI, RIF and ROSH, this is the same Shi'ur as the one
described by Rav Ashi, u'Mati Lah b'Chad Shichiya, (above, entry #7b).
12) [line 32] YONEI HARDISA'OS - (a) pigeons from a place with this name (see RASHASH); (b) Herodian pigeons; carrier pigeons
13) [line 33] KELUVAN - their nests or cages
15) [line 35] SHE'KANENU BI'TEFICHIN B'VIROS - that nested in pitcher-shaped utensils set up for that purpose in the walls and cornices of large buildings and forts (Birah - a group of buildings forming one residence)
16) [line 38] HANEI AVIDEI L'RABUYEI - are accustomed to fleeing
18) [line 42] MA'ASEH LISTOR? - [did the Mishnah bring] the story [of Raban Gamliel in order] to contradict [its previous teaching?]
19) [line 1] NIGARIN - enclosures in which animals are kept that have channels of water from which the animals drink
20) [line 1] RISHTOS - nets
23) [line 23] HADRI BI - I changed my opinion
26) [line 30] PEIREI D'CHEVISHEI B'YARKA - [fresh] fruits that were immediately covered with vegetables to preserve their freshness
27) [line 32] SHE'HEN K'EIN BENEI YOMAN - since they are as fresh as if they were picked that day
28) [line 35] BI'CHDEI SHE'YE'ASU - the amount of time [after Yom Tov] that it takes to do [the Melachah that was done on Yom Tov, in this case, to bring the present]